Safety Protocols and Infection Control
Click the button to complete the secure online patient registration forms before your appointment.
Dear Patients, Parents and Companions:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
If you have previously been a patient in our practice you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. These changes have been initiated to help protect our patients and staff.
- Screening for COVID-19. Our office will communicate with you prior to your appointment to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are at the office. If you or someone in your household has COVID-19 or exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19, you will not be permitted to enter the office.
- Patient registration. We offer online patient registration through our website for all new patients. All patients should ideally complete that registration prior to arriving at our office for their appointment. If you are unable to complete the registration online, please inform our staff well in advance of your appointment and we will instruct you how to proceed. Please plan ahead.
- Patient check in. Our waiting room is closed and the front door is locked. In an effort to maintain social distancing, patients will check in from their vehicle over the phone. Patients and companions will wait in their vehicle prior to entering our office. Our staff will contact you on your phone when it is time for you to be seated in the office. If you do not have a mobile phone you should bring someone with you who does and provide that number to our staff when you check in.
- Hand sanitizer. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter our office.
- Masks. Although not required, patients and companions are encouraged to wear a mask upon entering our office.
- Social distancing. Oral surgery care requires that we impinge upon the recommended six feet of social distance. For both your safety and the safety of our staff we ask that patients and companions try to maintain six feet of separation whenever possible while in the office.
- Non-essential guests. In an effort to reduce the number of people in the office and maintain social distancing we will only allow one essential companion per patient to enter the building. The companion will be subject to COVID-19 screening just like the patient.
- Public items. We have removed all common items from our office. Magazines and books are no longer available. Coffee, tea and water are also no longer available.
- Strict scheduling. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Also if you are late to your appointment, you will be rescheduled. Please show up and check in on time.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. If you have specific questions please call prior to your scheduled appointment. To make an appointment, please call our office or visit our website.
Thank you for being our patient and taking the time to care about the care you are receiving.
Dr. King and the Dover Oral Surgery Team